Credential Application Process
Keeneland is committed to delivering the safest sales environment to ensure a strong marketplace for our customers in 2020. It is with this in mind that a number of protocols have been implemented to ensure the health and safety of all sales participants and staff. You can review full details on these protocols at keeneland.com/september.
Request a Credential
Access to the Keeneland grounds from Sept. 8-25 will be restricted to credentialed sales participants only. Keeneland and Fasig-Tipton will share a common credential for both September sales, conveniently accessible from your mobile device on the Virtual Badge app. In order to request a credential, please complete the following simple steps:
- Download the Virtual Badge app on your smartphone in the App Store or Google Play. Create an account within the app, log in, and select "Keeneland" under the Organization.
- Complete the credential application. Select your role at the sale and complete the series of questions to submit your request.
- If you are a buyer, no other action is needed.
- If you are a sales participant requiring a COVID-19 test, indicate whether you will be testing at Keeneland/Fasig-Tipton or off-site.
- Testing at Keeneland/Fasig-Tipton: Your results will be linked to your Virtual Badge account once a negative test is received.
- Testing Off-Site: Upload a copy of your COVID-19 test result when prompted in the app.
- Credential approved. You will receive notification of your request within 48 hours once your test has been processed. Your approved credential will appear in the Virtual Badge app on your phone, which will be scanned at entry each day.
A reminder that an approved credential will be valid at both Keeneland and Fasig-Tipton, and therefore you will only need to complete this process once.
Should you need additional assistance, please review the instructional videos below on the Virtual Badge mobile app:
What should I do if I don't have a smart phone or computer access?
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (859) 254-3412 for assistance.
Customers may apply for a credential for the September Yearling Sale among the following categories. Please review below for detail on which credential you should apply for.
As a rule of thumb, anyone with a reason to enter a barn or stall is required to receive a negative COVID-19 test. A reminder that those with a Buyer/Owner/Agent credential may not enter the barn or shedrows for the September Sale.
which includes buyers, bloodstock agents, seller/owners, shortlisters
which includes any consignor, staff member, night watchman, etc.
Veterinarians and Staff
which includes any others with a business purposes to attend the September Sale, including those delivering feed, straw or hay